Sunday, September 12, 2010

Buddha Chick™ 10-Week Online Course


It feels as if I have been waiting my entire life for this moment ...

... for the announcement and launch of my online class, "Buddha Chick™."

I have been listening to you, especially those of you from different parts of the globe, asking about when I would offer mentoring-based programs online for everyone to participate in. That time has finally come.

Buddha Chick™ is the culmination of my life's work. It is 20 years in the making; a reflection of every woman's journey into inner calm, clarity, and wisdom, and I am so pleased to share it with you here.

You see, for most of my adult life I admit
I have not been calm, clear, and wise. 

I have been stressed, overwhelmed, and anxious ...

 ... at the mercy of an overly busy mind, regularly side-swiped by wild emotions. Drama!

I am a woman who thinks and feels alot, and this, over time, has affected my health and well-being, my relationships, and my creativity. Talk about toxic!

Does this sound familiar? I bet you've experienced this too.

Today, thankfully, I am a different woman. Most of the time I truly am physically calm, mentally clear, and able to tap into my inner wisdom, all the while living with a wide-open heart.

Sure, sometimes I fall down when life gets bumpy. I skin my knees a bit, but now, with all I've learned, and all that I have put into practice after two decades of spiritual journeying, I don't stay down long. I surf instead of sink and life is easier, more enjoyable.

I've nicknamed this "new" woman who lives within me,  
"Buddha Chick™"~ an interspiritual gal with a calm demeanor and a smile in her heart, able to navigate the challenges of life with grace and ease. 

And Buddha Chick™ lives inside of you too! She's just waiting to emerge and I know you know this or you wouldn't be visiting my website or reading these words. And I'm pretty sure you want to meet her, live as her, and spread her joy out into the world. Yes?

So here's the plan. If you are ready—really ready—to live with serenity, joy, and openheartedness as your most Chickie self, then this course is for you.

Though I need to tell you from the get-go, that this online course is very different.

How?

Because, as Sandra Bullock's character in the film, "The Blind Side," said, "I've got your back," and I do. I am going to personally mentor you through this process. I have been mentoring women for over 20 years in a myriad of ways, as:

• a certified interfaith Spiritual director/mentor in private practice
• Adjunct Staff at Dominican Center, Grand Rapids, MI, leading women's programming and   
   mentoring Spiritual Directors in training
• a teacher of World Religions
• an author of four spiritual growth books for women, including Your Truest Self: Embracing the Woman You Are Meant to Be
• workshop and retreat leader for spirituality centers around the U.S.
• a columnist for several women's magazines with over 400 articles in print
• an award-winning blogger ("Awake is Good")
  (Read testimonials by some of the women I've mentored here.)

Over the years, in a myriad of ways, I have mentored thousands of women, and through this course, I will be there for you, too, lending a hand when times get tough, or when you slide into the muck of life and get swallowed up again, forgetting what you know, losing your peace. So, besides

~10 weeks of life-changing lessons with practical exercises
~4 live tele-conferences
~weekly audio messages with guided meditations
~podcasts with 5 of the most notable, enlightened Chicks you need to know
~a lovingly supportive international community of Chicks (member's only blog)

you and I will have private e-mail correspondence throughout the course!

Why personal mentoring?

Because this is what I do best and what I love to do the most: to walk side by side with women as they get to where their soul wants to take them. 

AND because no one should do this journey alone. I didn't. I had wonderful women mentors to guide me all along the way. Thank goodness!

And also because embodying our Buddha Chick™ self is not always a walk in the park, no m'am. It can be hard work—yes, it can be fun, exhilarating even—but challenging, too.

Becoming a Buddha Chick™ is pretty serious stuff and we will work hard—together!

We will also have plenty of fun. (I have some wonderful surprises planned, gifts too. Gifts are good!)

But I must say this: 
I am looking for eager women who are ready, willing, and able to work this course. I'm just being honest here ...

So if you are not ready, that's fine. Soul growth is all about timing and readiness, and if it's not your time, no worries. You know that I love and bless you, no matter what.


Buddha Chick™ is a mindset ... a practice ... a lifestyle. 
Buddha Chick™ is who we really are. 

Do you think you might be ready to fully experience her?

Ready to be calm, clear, and wise ~ once and for all?

Many people believe that we are in the midst of the greatest spiritual awakening of all times. I’d like to believe that Buddha Chick™ and you and I are part of this grand awakening.

It's time. Time for all of us to wake up, to live as our chickiest selves. Are you ready?

Join me for this unique opportunity to be the Chick you were born to be. Transform your thoughts, emotions, and make new life choices that will take you from stressed to serene!

And contribute to global awakening. Your choice to live as a Buddha Chick™ will allow others to do the same. Heart to heart we grow, heal, change the world ...

But hold the phone! Before you read the sweet details and how to sign-up, let me address a few questions that have come up about Buddha Chick™.

1. Is Buddha Chick™ or this course Buddhist?
It’s not. She’s not. Buddha Chick™ is any woman who desires to live as her essence (true nature), which is peace, love, confidence, courage, generosity and more. She is an interspiritual Chick who is open to the teachings of the world’s wisdom traditions. It's true that many of the perspectives and practices I share in the course are sourced in Eastern thought, for they are the ones that have transformed my life and brought me the greatest peace. I’m eager to share them with you!

2. What “work” is required in this course?
This is the "work of self," meaning, you are willing to take an open, honest look at how you currently operate in the world and you have a desire to change that. The one and only Buddha Chick™ rule is to be transparent. Ok, there are two rules. The other is to be kind to yourself. Really kind!

This work is also about “letting go”; shedding what you have been taught about how to react to life. It is about remembering your true nature and living from that divine place. I beg you to stop searching, stop looking outside of yourself for “the answers,” and drop down inside your Buddha Chick™ self. Everything you need to know
about how to live with ease and joy is there.

3. How is this course different from other online courses?
It is radically different because it is mentoring based. I will be your personal mentor all the way through the course. This is done in three ways: private e-mail contact, participation in our "Dharma Sisters" community, and through live tele-conferences.

In many online courses, the facilitator is not really present in the “forums,” or they stop in once a week to answer pre-selected questions. Or you may be told that you can send your questions to the facilitator, but it is not guaranteed they will be answered, or your question is answered by an assistant. Or you have to pay extra for personal “coaching.”

Not with Buddha Chick™! All the mentoring you will receive is included in the price of the course. “I’ve got your back,” as the saying goes. I am here, really here for you, for a full 10 weeks of transformation. (Read testimonials by those I’ve previously mentored here.)

I hope this addresses any of your concerns. Now on to the deliciousness. Drum-roll please!

What you’ll get in the Buddha Chick™course:

• 10 written Lessons, one each Monday. 

Each Lesson will include exciting new content with a dual focus: how to create a new peace-filled mindset and the practical applications (exercises) for doing so. The Lessons will be sent to you via RSS Feed (e-mail) and also posted on our private Buddha Chick™ website.

Course Content includes how to:

-Create your personal foundation of unshakable peace
-Be mindful, the Buddha Chick™ way
-Work with difficult mind states
-Cultivate radical tenderness for yourself
-Meditate, even when you say you can’t
-Trust your body’s wisdom
-Tame wild emotions and quiet the ego
-Say goodbye to fear and anxiety
-Re-frame difficult people and circumstances
-Purify your heart through loving-kindness practice
-Grow a heart of compassion
-Live with equanimity (the ability to hold everything)
-Ride waves of joy ~ daily!
-Leave a trail of peace wherever you go

Each Lesson will also contain:

~ A “Peaceful Pause”: a practice for soothing the body, stilling the mind, or opening the heart

~ “Homework”—reflection/journaling questions. (You are invited to share your noticings in our sacred “Dharma Sisters” circle.)

~ An audio message to jump-start your week with inspiration and calm, including a Guided Meditation.

~ A Buddha Chick™ Affirmation Card, a printable reminder card featuring our Chick (designed by artist Mari Gayatri Stein) delivering a transformational truth or mantra. By the end of the course, you will have a complete deck of cards. How cool is that?!

• Private Mentoring
~ 5 personal mentoring sessions via e-mail, timed to your convenience and need, spaced throughout the course. This is the feature of Buddha Chick™ that will truly help bring about the changes you desire!

~ As I said earlier, you and I will interact personally in our private community and in tele-classes. You can ask questions and get answers.

~ Additional personal mentoring via phone, can be arranged, and at a special members' rate (45 minutes for $35).

• “Dharma Sisters” Sacred Circle
I am very excited about this. Our own community! This is our member only blog/forum where we will gather daily to share our learnings, support and interact with one another. Woo-hoo!

• Tele-Classes
~ 4 interactive, “live” tele-classes where we’ll discuss the Lessons. You can ask questions and get additional support. These will be held at varying times to ensure that our Dharma Sisters from different time zones around the world can have a “live” experience.

~ 5 podcasts with our Buddha Chick™ guest mentors: Daphne Rose Kingma (6 time guest on Oprah!), Sue Patton Thoele, Carolyn Hobbs, Mari Gayatri Stein, and Diana Lang. These are some of the coolest, wisest, women on the planet and we are so lucky to have them with us! Each will present on her area of expertise. (Read more about them here.)

• Free Book
You will be asked to read the opening chapters of a book I co-authored with my husband, Brad, Perfect Love. I will send this to you in PDF form via e-mail upon Registration. This will give you a running start toward developing an enlightened relationship with your ego.

• Upon “Graduation”…
You will receive a classy Buddha Chick T-shirt to go with your new lease on life. Yeah!

And “Dharma Sisters,” our online blog/forum, will remain open after the completion of the course. The supportive connections we have made can continue!




The Sept. 27 through Dec. 5 Session is now full and closed.
If you would like to receive an Early Chick announcement for new session dates, contact me here. 
I really look forward to seeing you in class soon. 
What Chickie fun we will have!

Until then may inner peace be yours, one breath at a time.




Love and blessings,
Jan Lundy

Heart to Heart Press and
Buddha Chick™

No comments: