Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sleep-Living


I created this website in the mid-2000s as a resource for women who found themselves on "the path of awakening."

What does that mean anyway? Awakening.

Do you ever wonder if you're awake? Are parts of you still asleep?

And what does that mean?

Most of us (at least those of you here reading this post) have been shaken from old and rote ways of doing things. Something happened in our lives, something fairly big, and it shook us up a bit. Suddenly, we realized we could be living differently. This shows up for each person in a unique way.

For me, it was loss of health. I have written much about this over the years and it served as the impetus behind my first book, Coming Home to Ourselves: A Woman's Journey to Wholeness.

For others, it is often a shock of some sort: relationship issues or divorce, job dissatisfaction or loss, a move, for example.

And then there are those people who pick up a book or meet a wise other who seems to stir something in them—a knowing that somehow life could be different.

For me awakening has come to mean: living fully, awake and aware—with a calm, clear mind and a wise, open heart.

Is this something that happens overnight? Unfortunately, no. We awake in stages ...

My first radio show for the "Within" channel of the  Inspire Broadcasting Network is all about awakening, what it means, how it happens, and more.

But more important than that is my message on what to do once you've woken up. How do you not fall back asleep?! Because that, my friends, is very easy to do, the world being what it is.

I invite you to listen in. The show aired on Tuesday, June 19 at 10:00 a.m. (EDT) for 30 minutes. I think you'll enjoy it. It's lively, and oh so practical.

I explain 3 very important things you can do to stay awake and to avoid getting "spiritual amnesia."

You can listen here.


Listen to internet radio with Within Radio on Blog Talk Radio

Or download via this link:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/within-radio/2012/06/19/awakened-living

The next show will air on Tuesday, July 17. My special guest will be Lisa Erickson of Mommy Mystic fame. We're exploring, "So, You Think You Can't Meditate?" Stay tuned!

Here's to our collective wakefulness!







No comments: