Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Flying Free


 
Are you embracing new beginnings, friend?
 
Are you in alignment with Spring (at least those of you in the U.S.) and feeling the call of possibility? Because that's what the spiritual invitation of Spring offers. It's time to clean out, clear out, and experience the energy of new growth.
 
I'm feeling quite springy myself. My creative energy is high right now. Yours? 
 
Creativity, I believe, is "where the divine and human meet." This is not an original statement. I borrowed it from theologian, Matthew Fox.
In his book, Creativity, he writes:
 
"Creativity is not a noun or even a verb--it is a place, a space, a gathering, a union, a where--wherein the Divine powers of creativity and human power of imagination join forces. Where the two come together is where beauty and grace happen and, indeed, explode."
 
That's a powerful thought, isn't it? Earlier this year, I did feel the beauty and grace of creativity. Then I lost it. In March, I began to feel quite stuck, as if my inner life had come to a gradual halt. My inner life includes my creativity. A dry well was mine.
 
And then I remembered something I used to do but hadn't done in a very long time. A special writing process that opens up your heart to yourself; to your longings and desires; to your highest purpose. I started to do it again and voila'!
 
Here are 3 of the things that came as a result of relaunching my 5-minute (meditative writing) process.
 
My hope is that each one might help you feel springy, creative, and graced, too!
 
1. The "Portable Peace" 3-minute video series. Marvelous response from you on these! I am so glad. Here is the newest one, sharing a practice I use every single day, "Self Blessing." Bless yourself for me, will you!
 
 
 


 2. The "Awakened Living" (Internet) Radio Show!
 
The premier show launches tomorrow, Tuesday, May 15 from 10:00-10:30 a.m. ET. It is part of the "Inspire Broadcasting Network."
 
On Tuesday, I'm sharing my thoughts on what it means to "wake-up" and live an awakened life; 3 mindsets to adopt so you stay awake and not fall back asleep;  how to respond to bouts of spiritual amnesia. In future shows, I'll be interviewing some of our brightest spiritual luminaries to get their take on how to live awake and aware. Fun!
 
The show is recorded and you can listen to it later if you miss the launch. 
 
Here is the link to listen in, "live," or afterwards on the internet.
 
 
 
3. After re-discovering my 5-minute meditative writing practice, I realized how how much I wanted to share it you. Beginning June 1, I'm offering, "Writing for the Health of It," a 30-day, 5-min. a day, "summer camp" for women. It's a fun way to get unstuck (from anything--health, relationships, finances, etc.). 5-minute writing can jumpstart your creativity and help you get in touch with your Wise Self--even if you're incredibly busy. Perfect for non-writers and writers alike!
 
There's a very nice early sign-up and I'd love to have you join me. This will be the only program I'll be offering this summer. 
 
You can learn more and register here.
 
 
I'm feeling very butterfly-like and in the flow of Spring, birthing such wonderful new things. And birthing an ever-new version of myself too! You can too. Let's break out of the chrysalis. Let's fly--and explode into beauty and grace together!
 
 
 
(A photo from another of my new creative ventures, photography. Taken at the Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, MI, at the "Butterflies Are Free" exhibit. 50,000 + butterflies flying free!)
 
And please feel free to share this newsletter with friends who'd like to experience the blessings of a spiritual Spring too.

Blessings of metta (loving-kindness) to you,

Jan

No comments: