Friday, October 21, 2011

Why?

Until I decide I won't, I am penning, these blog posts in support of my ongoing sacred journey course,“Creating a Life of Contentment,"  which began Sept. 15. For one entire year, we'll be traveling together as intimate companions: to relax, let go and rest into Love; to discover the bliss of our own life. You can learn more about the program here.

Why?


Do you often ask yourself why?

Why am I here?

Why is my life showing up in this way?

Why do I have to go through this?

And, yet, sometimes it seems that the whys can keep us stuck, even looking in the wrong direction so our Contentment eludes us—our inner wisdom missing in action.

Consider this instead:

We are here at this exact juncture of our life for a reason.
There is no other place we are supposed to be.
The people in our life are here to teach us.
The experience of our days is laden with hidden wisdom
to be gleaned and cultivated. 
Even negative situations
offer profound guidance for our development.

There is divine purpose in the fabric of our days. 
When we have mastered what we need to learn
from people and situations, we will move on.


And when we can, Contentment will be ours once again ...

It's called surrender.





2 comments:

Rose - Watching Waves said...

"Receive what you are given." My mantra. Acceptance opens us up to the abundance present in even the "worst" circumstances. Resistance creates more sorrow.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Great mantra, Rose. Resistance does create more difficulty. It's amazing how much freedom can be found in surrender to "what is."