Friday, September 16, 2011

Delight-full!

 Loving ourselves and life from where we are 


Until I decide they won't, these blog posts are being penned in support of my ongoing sacred journey course,Creating a Life of Contentment,"  which began Sept. 15. For one entire year, we'll be traveling together as intimate companions: to relax, let go and rest into Love; to discover the bliss of our own life. I hope you will join me! You can learn more about the program here. 


Delight-Full


I am a collector of quotes from way back.

Even in high school, I gathered them up and wrote them into a sweet little book just like this one. (In fact, this is the one, created by Michigan artist, Gwen Frostic.)

I found it in a dusty old box a few years ago. Boy, did it take me back in time.

I discovered that most of the quotes were on love. Makes sense, seeing I was a love-smitten teen at the time.

Today, I am drawn to quotes which express ease, serenity or joy. Or those that stir my heart if it has closed off a bit. Or passages that remind me of how important it is to "stay awake," to be fully present to this amazing gift of life as a human being on a gorgeous planet.

And on some days, I prefer those that simply make me smile.

Here are few of my favorites, each sourced in Contentment with life—with ourselves as we are.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic.
~ Rosalind Russell


Nature does not demand that we be perfect. It requires only that we grow.
~ Joshua Loch Liehman



Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look at the stars.
~ Henry VanDyke


The universe is so wonderfully constructed that all paths lead home.
~ Robert Gerzon



Self-love is the only weight loss aid that really works in the long run.
~Jenny Craig


Just remember a nice hot bath can solve almost any problem.
~ Author unknown


If we'd only stop trying to be happy, we'd have a pretty good time.
~Edith Wharton


Just a few simple thoughts but they make a world of sense.

We tend to make life so complicated, don't we?

Perhaps one of these quotes will touch your heart today and point you back home ... to yourself ... and to life as it can be.

Simply delight-full.

1 comment:

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I collect quotes, too. Some are hand-written in a journal, some are on Evernote, some are on Pinterest. I collect them for many of the same reasons you do; something in them resonates with me and I feel a response.